Reopening of Preschool and Kids Ministry
Preschool and Kids Ministry is now open at all of our campuses. Read below for more information about the precautions and procedures that we will be taking.
We are no longer requiring registration for Sunday's at any of our campuses.
What new check-in procedures are going to happen?
Cross Kids check-in process will be a touchless process done by a host team member before entering the preschool or kids area. Free-standing kiosks will not be available for use.
What health precautions will be taken?
- Temperature checks with touchless thermometers will be required for all children, parents, and Dream Team before entering the preschool environment.
- All children, parents, and Dream Team will be offered hand sanitizer before entering.
- Only one parent or adult per child will be allowed inside the preschool area for check-in and check-out.
During the time your child is in Cross Kids, children and staff will be required to wash their hands throughout the hour using warm running water and rubbing with soap for at least 20 seconds, when possible. Hand sanitizer will be used as an alternative.
What extra steps are you taking to disinfect and sanitize rooms?
- During the week, each room will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. This includes all surfaces, toys, flooring, and bathrooms.
- On Sunday mornings, all cleaning procedures listed below will be carried out after each service to ensure all items are sanitized. We will also carry out this cleaning procedures during the service on an as needed basis.
Dream Team will wash or sanitize their hands
- Upon entering the classroom.
- Before changing a diaper or helping a child in the restroom.
- After changing a diaper or helping a child in the restroom.
- After wiping or blowing noses.
- Volunteers will wear gloves while changing diapers.
- After each service hour clean all toys and surfaces with appropriate cleaner (Pursue), allow the spray to sit on the toys for 3 minutes, wipe clean with paper towels, and air-dry.
- Any toys that are placed in a child's mouth will be immediately and thoroughly cleaned.
How have maximum room capacities and ratios changed?
Our Preschool and Kids team has used CDC recommendations as a guide to maintain the appropriate maximums and ratios. As a result, we have decided to operate at lower capacity in order to ensure the health and safety of our children, families, and Dream Team.
What about social distancing with children?
We understand that children don't understand how to social distance. However, we are working to maintain safe distances in classrooms by using lower ratios.
There will be a limited number of children per group and room. We will also limit shared supplies. Children will be led to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer frequently. All craft materials will be provided in individual bags for preschoolers. There will be no large group at this time.